November 7, 2008

November 7, 2008

Now that we have everyone on board I wanted to reiterate some of the rules and policies.

Sign In/Out Procedures-Parents are expected to sign their child in and out each and every day of attendance. Please help your child with their personal effects before leaving by placing them in their bins or hooks provided.
Personal Belongings -Parents are asked to see that their children do not bring toys from home. Please do not put me in an uncomfortable situation where I have to take the item away or say no to the child. Please NO small things that the little ones could put in their mouths. Property brought to day care is not my responsibility. I cannot and will not be responsible for lost or broken items.
Toilet Training-Potty training should begin at home over a long weekend or holiday. Thanksgiving holiday is coming this would be a great opportunity to work with your child over the 4 day vacation. It is not responsibility to implement toilet train but rather to continue the work you have successfully started.
Immunizations-Children will not be retained unless all immunizations are up-to-date. It is the parents’ responsibility to ensure timeliness of immunizations.
Administering Medications-I will not administer any type of medication! In the past I have made an exception or two but I will not anymore. Please do not ask.
Late pick up fees- I have been very lenient when it comes to late pick up fees. I will now be holding parents responsible for any late pickups as they do interfere with the personal time. Parents are granted a grace period of 15 minutes after their scheduled pick-up time, after which the following overtime rate, applies: $10 per every 15 minutes the parent is late. Even if you call to tell me you are going to be late or ask me to watch your child past the contracted agreement this fee applies. Overtime fees are to be paid before or at your next drop off.

News
I am currently working on our 2009 rates. Though I will be increasing my rates significantly I will not be passing on the full rate increases to those who are currently attending. I will let you know in advance what your increase, if any, will be.

Up and Coming Events
-Trumbull Mall playground trip scheduled for Thursday

Reminders
-Tuesday is Veterans Day. We are opened.
-Scholastic orders are due November 14th. You can either give me cash or check or go online and pay by credit card.

Menu for the week:

Monday
B: French toast w.bananas
L: “Patty Melt”: Ground beef on toast with cheese, Broccoli and corn, apple slices
S: Animal Crackers

Tuesday
B: French toast sticks w. bananas
L: Cheese ravioli with meat sauce, broccoli and applesauce
S: Graham crackers

Wednesday:
B: Cornbread and apples
L: Chicken Nuggets, wheat bread, French fries, Mixed Veggies
S: cheese crackers

Thursday
B: Cheerios w. bananas
L: Mac and cheese with hot dog bits, corn, peaches
S: corn muffins

Friday
B: Pancakes and apples
L: Fishsticks, cheese, wheat bread, apples
S: TBD

No comments: